Annual CommunityFirst Grant Program
Annual CommunityFirst Grant (formerly Standard Grant)
Annual CommunityFirst Grant applications are accepted from January 1st to March 31st each year. Applications will not be accepted after March 31st.
Our priority areas of focus are programs that:
- Support community and economic development such as: job skills training and placement; initiatives to promote independence and self-sufficiency; meeting food, clothing, health and shelter need; senior services and family support programs
- Increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life including: supportive and transitional housing; housing rehabilitation programs and first-time homebuyer initiatives
- Provide educational enrichment for families and children including mentoring programs, summer camp activities and parenting classes
How to Apply
For your convenience, First County Bank Foundation is pleased to offer a new online grant process which will allow us to collect all of the information that we need to make a timely decision. Grant applications will only be accepted online.
The first time an applicant applies to First County Bank Foundation for funding using this system, they will be required to create a user name and password. This will provide applicants with the option to save and finish their application at any time. After completing the application and submitting it successfully, applicants will receive a thank you email sent to the email address that they provided.
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly and notify applicants in the most efficient manner, First County Bank Foundation uses digital communications to notify applicants that their grant application was received, processed and if it was ultimately approved or declined.
- Special consideration will be given to those agencies/programs benefiting low-to-moderate income populations in our market.
- Grant requests supporting specific programs will be given priority over requests for general operating support.
- While all grant requests are considered, the average standard grant amount awarded is in the range of $2,500 to $5,000.
To be eligible for grants from the Foundation, organizations must:
- Have nonprofit tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Westport, Fairfield or neighboring communities of Bridgeport
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measurable outcomes
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative responsibility
The First County Bank Foundation does not support the following: Individuals; Capital/Endowment Campaigns; Fundraising Events; Sponsorship Opportunities; Trips/Tours/Conferences; Deficit Spending/Debt Liquidation; Religious organizations, unless stated program is for the benefit of the community; Private/Parochial Schools; Organizations that illegally discriminate; Organizations not open to the public; Political causes.