Frequently Asked Questions
Are the branches open?
To minimize health risks from COVID-19, First County Bank has made the decision to operate through our drive-up windows and ATMs beginning Wednesday, March 18th. Our branch lobbies will be temporarily closed to the public. Please note - our 48 Atlantic Street branch will have ATM and night deposit access only, as this branch does not have drive-up capabilities. The health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities are our top priorities. Please check our branch locations and hours here.
Who should I call with questions?
Our CustomerFirst Contact Center is available to answer questions and help you with your financial service needs. For banking questions, general information, or to be directed to a First County Bank representative, please call our CustomerFirst Contact Center at 203-462-4400, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. Please note that First County Bank will not initiate a call to you asking for your account pin information, online banking password, or social security number. As this could be an attempted scam call, we urge you to hang up and call our CustomerFirst Call Center to speak with one of our representatives directly.
How can I access my safe deposit box?
To gain access to your safe deposit box, please call the number listed on our branch location page where your box is located.
How is the COVID-19 outbreak affecting First County Bank?
First County Bank remains a financially sound community bank with robust capital reserves and ample liquidity. Our institution was built on a solid foundation of financial strength, performance - and trust. Our team has made the necessary preparations to ensure the safety and accessibility of your money. We are here to understand the current challenges you are facing and create personal solutions to solve them. If you find yourself dealing with financial difficulties during this time, we encourage you to reach out and learn how we may be able to help. Our CustomerFirst Contact Center is available by phone at 203-462-4400, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
How can I safely access my account?
- Online & Mobile Banking: If you are not already registered, enroll in online banking and download the First County Bank mobile app.
- Check balances and transfer money between accounts
- Deposit checks using Mobile Check Deposit
- Use bill pay to pay your bills
- Open an account
- Debit Card and Mobile Payment Solutions: Use your First County Bank Debit Card or the mobile payment solution of your choice for contactless purchases.
- CustomerFirst Contact Center: Our CustomerFirst Contact Center is available to answer questions and help you with your financial service needs. They are available during regular business hours at 203-462-4400.
- Drive-Up Windows & ATMs: If you need cash or would like to complete transactions, our drive-up window or ATMs will be available. To learn more about what First County Bank is doing to protect our employees, customers and communities, click here.
Where can I learn more about COVID-19?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has up-to-date information about COVID-19 and can help you learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones. Visit their website here.
Are your ATMs cleaned regularly?
ATMs are cleaned regularly but it is impossible to fully sanitize between each and every use. We encourage our customers to take appropriate precautions to maintain safe hygiene after touching publicly used surfaces.
What assistance is available for small businesses?
The Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance low interest rate loans to small business customers in Connecticut. To find out more visit the SBA site.
What can I do to protect myself from scams?
People may try to take advantage of your fears of COVID-19 by:
- Offering fake products and medical advice.
- Creating fake charities.
- Compelling you to click a fraudulent link to gain access to your device.
- Unsolicited phone calls from people saying they are from First County Bank requesting your social security number, account pin information, or online banking password.
What accommodations are in place for customers with ADA needs?
We are committed to ensuring that our customers with disabilities are able to conduct their banking business while our lobbies are temporarily closed due to COVID-19 social distancing. First County Bank's dedicated ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Coordinator, Mr. Thomas Berta, SVP, Retail Banking Officer, is available to provide needed assistance. For further information, visit our Accessibility page here.
If you think you have become a victim of a scam, immediately contact our CustomerFirst Contact Center at 203-462-4400. Learn how to spot, and avoid, COVID-19-related scams and scammers by following these tips from the Federal Trade Commission. Visit their website here.