FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers
Think like a child! Get inside your students' minds and let us help you fund programs you have been dreaming of. First County Bank Foundation is awarding funds for creative educational programs in local K-5 public school classrooms. The grants will be awarded to the most creative and educationally worthy classroom programs, with funds available as early as November.
Effective January 1, 2018, First County Bank Foundation will only accept applications submitted online. For the most efficient online application process, please make sure to have all of your reference documents readily available so that you may complete and submit your application in one session, due to the inability to save your work for future use. Our priority areas of focus are:
- Grades K-5 public school teachers working in the towns of Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, Fairfield, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport and neighboring communities in Bridgeport.
- Programs needing support must be creative educational programs related to subjects/curriculum taught and have a broad impact for an entire class/grade level.
- Requests for books, magazine subscriptions and electronics such as computers, tablets or mice are not eligible.
- Examples of program types: Nature-based, astronomy, financial literacy, conservation and environmental focus.
Specific Application Requirements:
- Authorization from school principal is required for eligibility
- Must demonstrate proof of program outcomes in the form of a written report; photos or videos must also be provided
- While all grant requests are considered, the maximum grant awarded is $1,000.00
The FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers Application forms are accepted from September 1st to October 31st each year. Application forms will not be accepted after October 31st.