Standard Grant Application forms are accepted from January 1st to March 31st each year. Our priority areas of focus are programs that:
- Support community and economic development such as job skills training and placement, initiatives to promote independence and self-sufficiency, meeting food, clothing, health and shelter needs, senior services and family support programs
- Increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life including supportive and transitional housing, housing rehabilitation programs and first time homebuyer initiatives
- Provide educational enrichment for families and children including mentoring programs, summer activities, funding for college classes and parenting classes
CommunityFirst Grant Program Application forms are accepted from January 1st to December 31st for grant requests of:
- $2,500 and under (if your organization supports community or economic development or children and families)
- $1,000 and under (if your organization falls outside of the grant parameters)
- Applications to the Community First Grant Program are reviewed quarterly. We will contact you as soon as a decision is made.
FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers
FirstClass Grant Program for Teachers Application forms are accepted from September 1st to October 31st each year. Our priority areas of focus are:
- Grades K-5 public school teachers working in the towns of Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, or Westport
- Programs needing support must be creative educational programs related to subjects/curriculum taught and have a broad impact for an entire class/grade
- Requests for books, magazine subscriptions and electronics such as computers, tablets or mice are not eligible.
- Examples of program types: Nature-based, astronomy, financial literacy, conservation and environmentally focused