3001 Summer Street
Stamford , CT 06905
Jim Darling is a Vice President and Team Leader of the Business Banking Division. Darling has been with First County Bank since 1988. He is responsible for business development and the origination and underwriting of commercial loans including mortgage, time and term; portfolio management including ongoing reviews, modifications, workouts and liquidations; and management of First County Bank’s SBA and Connecticut Development relationships and loan portfolios.
- Over 30 years of experience in banking and financial services. Jim has been with the bank’s commercial lending division for 22 years
- Oversees the development of team leaders at the bank
- Provides complex commercial lending solutions through financing options such as temporary financing, permanent mortgages, lines and letters of credit
- Understands the unique challenges facing today’s commercial businesses and works with these firms to provide the right banking solutions for each situation
- Jim’s early career was spent working in banking and working with his father in real estate development and residential building
- Salvation Army of Stamford - Board of Directors
- Housatonic Industrial Development Corporation (an SBA 504-certified development corporation) - Incorporator
- Housing Development Fund - Advisor and Loan Committee Member
- Central Connecticut State University, B.A. Economics and Business Administration
- Graduate studies in micro and macro economics
Jim is an avid golfer and lives in Stamford with his wife, a principal in the Stamford Public School System. They have two children.